Vinimark and WineWorx, who distribute and market more than 50 of our country’s best known wine brands, are currently busy with their annual national road show presenting wine tastings for trade and media in key centres around South Africa.
Greg Landman, Thuli Gogela, Kobus and Elizabeth Burger at the Rietvallei Wine Stand
This year the Wine Fairs are taking place in Durban, Knysna, Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria and Bloemfontein during the month of August.
On Monday11th August the Cape Town Wine Fair was hosted at the African Pride Crystal Towers Hotel in Century City.
Doris Hussl, Peter Koblmiller and Kate Robey at the Creation Wine Stand
Restaurateurs, hoteliers, sommerliers, wine merchants and members of the media flocked to the Fair were able to talk to the winemakers about their passion, and were spoilt for choice with over 200 of our finest wines as well as a number of exclusive French Champagnes showcased at the event.
John Ford and Simon Barlow at the Rustenberg Wine Stand
The wine-loving guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves socializing over a glass of good wine and appreciating the delicious cocktail snacks provided by the hotel.
I attended the event and I decided on trying out whites. Below are some of the wines that I tried out and enjoyed:
- Kumala Dry White
- Fish Hoek Chenin Blanc 2014
- Boekenhoutskloof The Wolftrap Rose 2014
- Boekenhoutskloof Porcupine Ridge Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Glenelly Glass Collection Chardonnay 2013
- Lanzerac Alma Mater Rose 2013
- L’avenir Future Eternal Blanc de Blancs 2011
- Provenance Chenin Blanc 2013
- Rietvallei Sauvignon Blanc 2014
- Rietvallei Chenin Blanc 2014
- Robertson Winery Sparkling Sweet Rose
- Robertson Winery Sauvignon Blanc
For more info visit: http://www.vinimark.co.za/