Woohoooo! Here they are! The 15 teams that have made the third season of the cooking show, Ultimate Braai Master! It is exciting to see different provinces being represented! Here is what the host, Justin Bonello, has to say about the representation of different provinces….
“Last year 60% of our participating teams came from the Western Cape, with the remainder representing the Gauteng Province. This year we have a strong talent pool with 27% of teams hailing from KwaZulu Natal, 33% from Gauteng and the Western Cape respectively and one team flying the flag for the Eastern Cape! Similarly, while there were only two all-girl teams up against seven all-guy teams last year, this year we’re fortunate to have four strong all-women teams, together with four mixed-couple teams chasing the Ultimate Braai Master title and prize pot.”
The guys that have made the season have worked very had to be on the show! I witnessed the efforts of the teams that auditioned in Cape Town and I must say I take my hat off to everyone that has auditioned. Keep polishing your braaing and cooking skills then try again next year! The experience these guys get from being part of the show is worth it and obviously those prizes as well.
Says General Manager of Marketing at Pick n Pay, Malcolm Mycroft: “As a family brand with a proud history of supporting all things local, Pick n Pay is especially thrilled to have been a part of the this Season’s auditions where over 329 teams were shortlisted, proving yet again that South Africa is a passionate braaing nation. We were also pleased to see a 50% increase in this year’s all-women braai teams competing in Season three, which should increase the stakes and could change the outcome of this year’s competition. Pick n Pay has elected to play its Wild Card by selecting two best friends who share a vocation and a passion for food. Braai Master, Yusuf also has an ambitious dream of one day opening his own restaurant, and if their team mantra “Never Say Burn” is anything to go by, we look forward to seeing them produce some memorable and original braai fare over the course of the competition!”
Congratulations to all the teams and good luck! South Africa is looking forward to watching you on their tellys, rooting for you and trying out some of your recipes!
1. Team Ala Mofepe – colleagues from Pretoria, Gauteng, Braai Master Freddy Buyane and Braai Buddy Jabu Mahlangu.
2. Team Braai Dukes – cousins from Durban, KwaZulu Natal, Braai Master Milani Motlohi and Braai Buddy Kevin Jonas.
3. Team Delicious Foodies – a mother-and-daughter-duo from Gordon’s Bay, Western Cape, Braai Master Brigitte Leclercq and Braai Buddy Lynn Leclercq.
4. Team Bushies Gone Wild – friends from Durban, KwaZulu Natal, Braai Master Sherwyn Weaich and Braai Buddy Zane Jacobs.
5. Team Fire Feeders – from Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, Braai Master Stuart Smith and Braai Buddy Bretton-Anne Moolman. I’ll be unashamedly rooting for this team! Go team Fire Feeders!! Make our province proud!
6. Team Kaiings and Afval – a couple from Johannesburg, Gauteng, Braai Master Tippie Enslin and Braai Buddy Santie Mostert.
7. Team Mix Masala – friends from Stanger (KwaDukuza), KwaZulu Natal, Braai Master Sujith Singh and Braai Buddy Prishen Maharaj.
8. Team Santa Annas – friends from Stellenbosch, Western Cape, Braai Master Piet Marais and Braai Buddy Frik Oosthuizen
9. Team Simply Sisters – friends from Pretoria, Gauteng, Braai Master Busisiwe Dhladhla and Braai Buddy Thembeka Ngcobo
10. Team Smokey and the Bandit – a brother and sister duo from Queensborough, KwaZulu Natal, Braai Master Barend Deminey and Braai Buddy Lente Deminey.
11. Team Sugar and Spice – friends from Johannesburg, Gauteng, Braai Master Celeste Raynard and Braai Buddy Chantel Geerdes.
12. Team Tenacity – a couple from Cape Town, Western Cape, Braai Master Rod Hemphill and Braai Buddy Lesley Verhoef.
13. Team Weskus Braaiers – best friends for life from Langebaan, the West Coast of South Africa, Braai Master John Grundlingh and Braai Buddy Julian Mori.
14. Team Tong in Cheek – friends from Johannesburg, Gauteng, Braai Master Penny Rider and Braai Buddy Dee McCool.
Joining the 14 teams is Pick n Pay’s Wild Card team, Tikka Boys, represented by Braai Master, Mohamed Yusuf Sujee from Ottery, Cape Town and his friend and Braai Buddy, Stephen Nandes, from Parow, Cape Town. Both work as Junior Sous Chefs at a local restaurant in Plattekloof, Cape Town. Their employer and colleagues must be proud!!
For more please visit www.ultimatebraaimaster.com
CONGRATULATIONS to the 15 Teams who made it through! It all starts NOW! ITS TIME FOR TOUGH!
— UltimateBraaiMaster (@UltimateBraai) April 8, 2014
Follow the hashtag: #UltimateBraaiMaster