It has been a while since I posted a recipe. Well, I thought I would feature one of the recipes developed by Paul Hartmann using the new Peppadew® Pasta Sauces. …
Paul Hartmann explains….Pasta is quick, simple and easy and can be done up to look extravagant and taste fantastic. For me pasta is best served al dente which means “to the tooth” while some prefer softer pasta traditionally Italians cook it al dente.
He continues….We are all time poor so that is why this new pasta range from Peppadew® is fantastic, it takes 8 minutes maximum to cook a packet of dried pasta, while your pasta is boiling heat up a pan and add some chorizo, paprika, garlic and your favourite read made Peppadew® pasta sauce, dinner is served in 15 minutes or less.
Chorizo sausage with it’s top note of hot paprika works very well with the heat of this sauce while the fat provides a good balance. Sage is strong and will stand up to the two. Served with screw shaped pasta for added texture.” Explains Hartmann.
I prepared the dish at home and it is really effortless to put together and tasty too. The sage give the dish an interesting fragrance. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Peppadew® Piquanté Pepper and Garlic Pasta
250g screw noodles
125g Chorizo sausage, thinly sliced
200g Peppadew® Piquanté pepper & garlic sauce
20g sage, finely shredded
50g pecorino, grated (optional)
- Cook the noodles in lots of boiling salted water.
- Fry the Chorizo in a saucepan big enough to accommodate all the ingredients.
- When the fat is rendering add the Piquanté pepper & garlic sauce and bring to the boil.
- Drain the noodles and add to the sauce with halt the sage and a grinding of black pepper.
- Toss well and transfer to heated plates before topping with the remaining sage and optional cheese.