I love food that draws my attention and appeals to both my visual senses and taste buds, I think we all do. But how does one visual appeal to a simple dish such as Morogo?
Morogo or Imifino are healthy and tasty, that is without a doubt. But it is almost predictable how they are going to be served.
This is one of those recipes that are easy to put together. It can be served as a side dish as it goes perfectly well with roasted chicken or steak and a salad.
Baked Potatoes Stuffed with Morogo and Smoked Mozzarella
30ml (2Tbsp) olive oil
1 big onion, chopped
250g (1 packet) spinach, chopped
15ml (1Tbsp) ground peanuts (optional)
2.5ml (½tsp) dried rosemary
2.5ml (½tsp) garlic salt
2.5ml (½tsp) ground coriander
5ml (1tsp) peri-peri
Freshly ground black pepper
Smoked mozzarrela, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Wash potatoes and prick them all over using a toothpick or a fork.
- Rub potatoes with seasoning and olive oil.
- Place potatoes on a lightly greased baking dish and bake until they are soft for 60 minutes.
- For Stuffing: In a large saucepan, heat oil and cook onions until soft.
- Add spinach and continue cooking until spinach starts to wild.
- Add peanuts, rosemary, garlic salt, coriander, peri-peri and pepper.
- Cook for a further minute and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked take them out of the oven and let cool down for at least 5 minutes.
- Cut them in half and scoop out the flesh.
- Adding scooped out potato flesh, mix with spinach mix until blended.
- Spoon the mix into the potato halves. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.