I would like to think most of my readers are working men and women. So, that means we don’t have time, we are jugglers: work- family-social life etc.
Yes, we love looking after our loved ones, but most of the time we come back from work tired. During such times we need something easy, quick to prepare, yet delicious and with a wow factor. Of course you want to impress with your cooking skills. This dish I’m sharing today allows you to be all of those things. You don’t get to spend much time in the kitchen but your family will still think you cook like Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson.
I’m sharing a Peri-Peri Chicken dish from The Best of Fresh Living Cookbook. The first time I tried out the recipe, I thought of my hung over friends always wanting something hot and spicy. If your dish is not spicy then you better make sure you serve the dish with fresh chopped chillies.
The dish can be prepared after work and leaves you with time to spend with the family. Give it a try and then watch your family licking’em fingers! Happy Cooking!
Peri-Peri Chicken Pieces Recipe
A Portuguese Classic
3 Tbsp (30ml) PnP olive oil
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1-2 tsp (5-10ml) ground peri-peri
4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Tbsp (30ml) red wine vinegar
Salt and milled pepper
8 chicken pieces
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry garlic and peri-peri for a few seconds.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and vinegar and simmer until tomatoes soften and break up.
- Season and set aside.
- Cut 2-3 deep slashes into the thickest part of each chicken piece.
- Place chicken skin-side up into a baking dish.
- Pour over sauce and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Serve with salad and rolls to mop up the sauce.