I asked a friend of mine, Viwe Neti-Feni to share her scrumptious Veggie Pap Bake recipe. Viwe is another foodie friend of mine from varsity. She is a wife, mom and a great friend. She juggles being a career woman with being a mother and whenever you hang out with her she’ll tell you she has limited time, she has to go home and prepare supper. She loves healthy and tasty dishes that appeal to the eye. Viwe prepared the Veggie Pap Bake recipe for her family on Christmas.
She posted the featured image on her facebook and got a lot of likes and comments. Most importantly, her family loved it! During this time of the year, a lot of people are staying as far away from Pap dishes as possible. The rest of us don’t mind. If you’ve been good throughout the festive season there is no need to starve yourself in January, is there?
Hope you get to try out the dish!
Viwe’s Veggie Pap Bake
1 l water
5ml (1tsp) salt
250 g mealie meal (varies- depending on how you wants your pap)
1 onion sliced
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
5 baby marrows, cut into quarters
200g -snap peas
200g – baby corn
15 ml oil
Lemon & herb spice, to taste
Sweet chillie or hot chillie sauce
Mozarella & Gouda cheese (grated)
- Cook pap as desired -preferably soft but not too soft & rest over night or until it’s cold.
- Stir fry veggies in butter & oil until soft.
- Add lemon & herb spice & black pepper for taste.
- Grease oven proof dish, layer of pap, then veggies, pap again, veggies and top with Mozarella & Gouda cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes & enjoy!
For a creamy & rich taste add +-50 ml of cream before baking.