South Africa’s Heritage Day is when we set aside our differences; celebrate what makes us unique and come together to celebrate our country’s rich and diverse culture.
One tradition shared across a number of our cultures is a sociable braai or shisa nyama.
The South African Breweries (SAB) celebrates its 120th anniversary this year and with that comes 120 years of social gatherings like Heritage Day with family and friends.
The sosatie recipe below is one of SAB approved Braai Day recipes to try this Heritage Day, Thursday, 24 September 2015. We’ll be sharing more braai recipes as we get closer to Heritage day. These sosaties won’t take too much of your time to prepare and they will disappear on the braai. 🙂
Join the conversations on social media by using the following hashtags:
#HeritageDay #BraaiDay #SouthAfrica #Family #Friends #BraaiNation #Braaiwithbeer
Marinated Steak Sosaties
• 1 cup Onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 1/4 cup Soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon mustard, prepared
• 1 medium-sized sirloin steak, cut into cubes
• 1 large green pepper, cut into pieces
• 2 medium onions, quartered
• 2 medium Tomatoes, quartered
1. Braai onion in oil and remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard – pour over meat and vegetables.
2. Cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Remove meat and vegetables from marinade, reserving marinade. Alternate meat and vegetables on skewers.
4. Braai kebabs 5 minutes on each side over coals, brushing frequently with marinade.
Recipe Source: www.braai.co.za