House of York recently introduced a new bamboo range and I got the delightful pleasure of trying out the utensils in my kitchen. Upon receiving the utensils, I was initially impressive with how gorgeous the range looks. It’s colourful and light! I took some time to get acquainted with it as I have never used bamboo utensils before. I also wanted to see if they live up to the bamboo promise…..
Maybe you mean: 'home-9' or 'news-gallery-post-based3' or 'twitter-feed5' or 'facebook-feed7' or 'instagram-gallery'
House of York marketing team proudly presents the range by saying, “We are conscious to design products & use materials that lessen our environmental impact; bamboo is beautiful, strong, versatile and eco-friendly. It grows faster, produces more oxygen than hard wood, and its resistance to swelling and shrinkage makes it ideal for the kitchen or bathroom.”
In addition to that using bamboo utensils in your kitchen offers you the following benefits:
- Bamboo kitchen utensils are light in weight.
- Bamboo does not absorb odours and it is stain resistant – I’ve experienced this a lot with wooden spoons especially after preparing curry dishes, they keep the colour and the odour.
- Even though bamboo utensils are lightweight one can rest assured they are stronger than the wooden ones. This is another major plus!
- Bamboo is one of the fastest growing plants, that means it grows faster than trees which makes it environmentally friendly.
- Bamboo is biodegradable, meaning once your utensils are old and worn out they can be composted to help other plants grow.
Each House of York Bamboo utensil comes with the following cleaning instructions:
- Do not soak.
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly.
- Using bleach to sanitize your product may change the appearance.
- Not dishwasher safe.
If one adheres to these instructions bamboo utensils last longer (even longer than the wooden utensils).
The House of York kitchen utensil bamboo range is available at major retail stores and the price won’t leave a dent on your pocket! They would make perfect gifts for the holiday season!
So, after using the bamboo range what do I think? I’ve tried to stain it with beetroot and pomegranate, it lived to its promise. I even prepared a red cabbage salad with some onions in it, there was no onion odours left behind. I was impressed with how the range looks now I am impressed with the ease of cleaning and the fact that I don’t have to worry about the absorbtion or odours and colours!
Are you currently using bamboo utensils in your kitchen? How is your experience with them? I personally would like to hear your views.
The festive season is upon us and we are in the spirit of giving! We are giving away two sets of bamboo bowls that I would like to give away to my Cape Town readers. The bowls are perfect for serving salads!
Here’s what you need to do: House of York has 5 product categories. Give us the names of the categories and mention one product in each category. Leave your answers in the comment section, on my facebook page or twitter. Entries close on the 2nd of December 2013. The TWO winners will be announced the following day on the 3rd.
Get more info on the House of York Bamboo Range: http://www.houseofyork.co.za/
Check out the House of York Facebook Page
Follow @HouseofYorkSA on twitter
Quick and easy recipes are a lifesaver for busy families. You could win a bamboo salad bowl from House of York… http://t.co/RkCBVog37r
— House of York (@HouseofYorkSA) November 21, 2013