It has been a while since I posted a recipe that I created myself…….
I have been tasked to develop four delicious recipes using the Knorr Crispy & Tasty Chicken Coatings. The first recipe I get to share is the Crumbed Chicken & Herb Salad with Cheesy Mayonnaise Dressing. The recipe is very simple, tasty and it’s perfect for the hot season!
To get the best out of this recipe, one should not over cook the chicken strips. Half a minute to a minute is enough. The end results are gorgeous looking succulent strips that’ll tempt you to nibble on them. The salad includes some toasted pumpkin seeds which add crunchiness as well as flavour. Hope you get to try out the recipe. Let us know what you think. Enjoy!
Crumbed Chicken & Herb Salad with Cheesy Mayonnaise Dressing
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
125ml (Â½ cup) milk
1 packet Knorr Crispy & Tasty Chicken Coating with Cheesy Dip-Mix
100ml cooking oil, for frying
1 packet herb salad mix (a mix of lettuce and fresh herbs)
250ml (1 cup) cherry tomatoes
half a cucumber, cut into slices
1 red onion, peeled and cut into rings
30ml (2 Tbsp) pumpkin seeds, toasted in a dry frying pan
75ml (5 Tbsp) lite mayonnaise
5ml (1 tsp) Knorr French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Pour the milk into a bowl and spread the crumb coating on a plate. Dip the chicken strips in milk, then roll them in the coating. (Keep the Dip-Mix for the dressing.).
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and quickly fry the chicken strips until golden and crisp, but still soft, juicy and tender on the inside.
- Drain the chicken strips on a paper towel..
- To assemble: In a big salad bowl, mix together the salad leaves, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and chicken strips.
- Sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds.
- For the dressing: Mix together the Cheesy Dip-Mix, mayonnaise and salad dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.