Learn More About Dairy Production at Clover Visitor Centre
It’s a great thing when food manufacturers are opening their doors to the consumer and say “Hey, come and see how we produce our products.” It happens a lot in wine, beer, whisky and brandy production. Perhaps that’s what gets people to become dedicated consumers of a product. Clover is inviting consumers to their visitor centre…..
Did you know that Clover has several fresh milk factories around the country and one of the factories are not too far from you? Clover launched their Clover Visitors Centre in Clayville, Midrand in November last year.
Both educational and insightful, the Clover Visitors Centre has something to offer for everyone. These tours are tailor-made to cater for children, students, investors, or corporates. For children, they aim to educate kiddies in a fun and engaging way, because Clover believes the story of milk, where it comes from, and its numerous benefits, is a story worth telling.
Did you know?
- On average, Clover processes 1 800 000 litres of raw milk per day into a range of Clover products.
- Milk is a source of high-quality protein, supplying the amino acids that our bodies need to build muscles and other tissues.
- Dairy should also be included in the diet of all South African children to contribute to their daily intake of vitamin A, riboflavin, zinc and vitamin B12.
- Milk contains the minerals: calcium, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, iodine, iron, potassium.
- Milk needs to be pasteurised because of pathogenic bacteria in milk. Pasteurisation treats Clover milk; a heat treatment originally developed to kill the bacterium that causes tuberculosis. Pasteurisation is effective in destroying the bacteria in milk that cause tuberculosis, salmonellosis, diphtheria, typhoid fever, and other illnesses without adversely affecting the milk’s nutritional content, flavour or quality.
The Clover Visitors Centre will offer a unique behind-the-scenes look at how your favourite Clover products are made. Afterwards, you’ll head back to the Clover Visitors Centre where the tour will end with an opportunity to taste a selection of Clover’s delicious products.
More About the Tours at the Clover Visitor Centre
The tours at the Clover Visitor Centre are free and aim to provide an exciting and fun learning experience. Tour goers can watch the story of dairy unfold, and see Clover be brought to life! Get a closer look into the people, places and animals behind one of the most iconic and trusted brands in Sub-Saharan Africa. See how Clover’s operations work and just how special and important the process is.
The Clover Visitors Centre is managed by Prof Elain Vlok who also heads up Clover’s Corporate Services and champions the Clover Mama Afrika project, Clovers Corporate Social Investment initiative.
Bookings are easily made online https://clovervisitorscentre.com/