Some of us are still trying to shed off the extra kilos picked up during the holiday season. At the same time, we want to enjoy a glass of wine from time to time. The answer to that is Drostdy-Hof Extra Light, with a pleasingly low 9% alcohol by volume. Crisp, refreshing, light and fruity with delicious hints of guavas, pears and lemon zest, it makes for perfect summer entertaining. Try it with a Caesar salad prepared with the freshest ingredients to wow your guests.
Look out for this impressive little gem at your favourite liquor outlet, it is sporting a sophisticated new look and sells around R30 a bottle.
Caesar salad with Drostdy-Hof Extra Light
Serves 4 to 6
For the salad:
1 x 30 cm baguette, cut into thin slices
10 ml avocado oil
1 head of cos lettuce
1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
Handful of cashew nuts
For the dressing:
1 garlic clove, crushed and peeled
100 ml buttermilk
5 ml Dijon mustard
10 ml honey
Parmesan shavings, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Arrange the baguette slices in a single layer onto the baking tray and brush lightly with the avocado oil.
- Bake for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Prepare the dressing: Heat a frying pan and sweat the garlic briefly until soft. Combine the buttermilk, Dijon mustard, honey and add to the garlic in the pan. Stir to integrate.
- Slice the cos lettuce head down the length into four equal sized pieces. Top with the avocado slices and toasted baguette.
- Drizzle the dressing over the lettuce and top with Parmesan shavings and cashew nuts.
For more info, visit www.drostdyhof.com/za .
Follow Drostdy-Hof on Facebook www.facebook.com/DHWines
Wishing you a day of Pure Country love! pic.twitter.com/USGHppOAOs
— Drostdy-Hof (@DrostdyHofSA) February 13, 2015
Join the conversation using: #PureCountryWine