“We are so proud of the exceptional standard and diverse presentation of foods and flavours that we are presenting at Taste of PE,”
says Taste Marketing Manager, Lucy Tully.
Here’s what to expect:
Each participating restaurant dishes up select tasting dishes from specially curated menus prepared by their respective chefs. Some of the restaurants to look forward to are Kiplings Brasserie, Colonial Kitchen, Raasoie – The Kitchen of India, Mellas Dim-Sum & Noodle Bar, and new restaurant Muse, amongst many more.
The festival currency takes things up a notch with the Crown to purchase food and drinks. Crowns are worth R5 and can be purchased on the day.
Restaurants have set a delectable starter size portion menu, here are some further highlights:
2 Fat Butchers:
• Woodview Wagyu beef sliders – 6 crowns
• Fragrant 3 bean madras curry – 4 crowns
• Hand rolled tagliatelle, venison safari meatball in a bolognaise sauce – 6 crowns
• Chick Pea Chip n Dip at 4 crowns or Seared tuna, sesame sorbet, wasabi gelee – 8 crowns.
• Grilled octopus, roasted red pepper, cheesy polenta, date ketchup – 7 crowns
Mella’s Dim Sum & Noodle Bar:
• Sui-mai with chicken, ginger, pork and prawn – 5 crowns Muse:
• Beef short rib, vegetable crisps, chipotle aioli – 7 crowns
• Twisted Fish & chips with fish cakes, potato chips, lemon caviar and smoked ketchup – 4 crowns.
• Red pork & jasmine rice dish – 8 crowns
• Vegetable Punjabi samosa – 3 crowns
• Chicken sheikh kabab – 4 crowns
• Butter chicken with rice – crowns
There are vegetarian dishes throughout the festival menu and for sweet lovers Muse are presenting a macaroon sandwich with strawberries, cream and strawberry coulis at 8 crowns.
Some of the restaurants will have additional icon dishes to be revealed at the event which will give everyone an additional gastronomic surprise to look forward to – so lookout for those!
This is an exciting event for everyone in Port Elizabeth and surrounding areas. Please take advantage of these events – take out your loved ones and have a fantastic time!
How to get tickets?
Entry tickets including a tasting glass are at the special price of R80. They can be purchased via www.itickets.co.za
If you choose to buy tickets at the door they’ll cost you R100 on the door.
The Festival will run over a period of three days, from Friday 6th to Sunday 8th November, with times varying every day:
Friday festival will operate from 18h00 – 22h00;
Saturday will have two time slots, from 12h30- 16h30 and again from 18h00 – 22h00;
Sunday will be open from 12h00 – 17h00.
For more info, visit: www.tasteofpe.co.za
Get updates on Facebook: Facebook/TasteofPE
Follow on Twitter: @tasteofpe on Twitter