I know I’ve been MIA there’s so much happening in my life right now leaving me with little or no time to blog. My heart is always on this blog whether I manage to squeeze in a post or not. For now, I thought I would remind you to order some of the No Sugar Added jams if you haven’t tried one yet…….
My aunt has a great recipe of scones and unfortunately she refuses to share it with anyone. I’ve even offered to pay for it. That didn’t help. Not even her children know what is in her recipe. It’s a recipe she got from her employer back in the day. She always bakes the scones and keeps them for visitors.
Few friends have been asking for a scone recipe. Since I couldn’t get my aunt’s this one will have to do. It goes well with the Grape, Pear & Rooibos Jam. If you don’t mind the extra calories, you can go ahead and top up the jam with some cream. Why don’t you bake some scones for your visitors this weekend? Happy Baking!
Makes 14-16 scones
750ml (3 cups) cake flour
Pinch of salt
30ml (2Tbsp) baking powder
85ml white sugar
60ml cooking oil
250ml Low fat milk
Beaten egg to glaze
- Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat the eggs and oil in a measuring jug. Add enough milk to make up 350ml of liquid.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients. Knead to remove any cracks.
- Pat out to a thickness of 2.5cm on a floured surface and cut into rounds, using a cookie cutter.
- Place on a greased baking tray and brush the tops with the beaten egg. Bake at approximately 12 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
- Best eaten split open while still warm.