I cannot contain myself with excitement to announce my collaboration with Nederburg Wines. It is my utmost pleasure to share the recipes and wine-pairing ideas I have worked on. In the next six months, you I’ll be taking you on an exploration journey of wine and food. A recipe will be featured on the Nederburg newsletter each month. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did creating and pairing them ……
For my first wine-pairing I went with Nederburg gorgeous Ingenuity White. It is subtle, deep and mysterious – crisp and creamy, refreshing and rich at the same time. It tastes like a praise poem and that is exactly why I love to share it with those close to my heart.
It is summer and festive season, a time family, togetherness, sharing, giving, caring and love. The Roasted Harissa Prawn dish embodies all of these elements and it pairs perfectly with Nederburg’s Ingenuity White.
Spoil your loved ones with this dish this festive season and to get the best out of it, serve it with Nederburg Ingenuity White.
Ingenuity White is available from selected stockists locally and retails for around R185 a bottle. The Sauvignon blanc-dominated blend comprises eight varietals, including Chardonnay, Semillon, Chenin blanc, Rousanne, Verdelho, Viognier and Gewürztraminer.
Roasted Harissa Prawns with Tomatoes, Baby Marrows and Mushrooms, Paired with Nederburg Ingenuity White
400g jumbo prawns, deveined, shells and legs removed with tails intact
2 cloves garlic, minced
30ml (2 Tbsp) harissa paste
60ml (4 Tbsp) salted butter, melted
2,5ml (½ tsp) freshly milled black pepper
80ml (⅓ cup) fresh parsley, chopped
Juice of half a lemon
250g large brown mushrooms, peeled
250ml (1 cup) cocktail tomatoes
Baby marrows, sliced lengthwise
Salt and freshly milled black pepper, to season
30ml (2 Tbsp) olive oil
Salad leaves (lambs lettuce, baby butter and watercress), optional
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Turn the prawns on their backs and make a vertical incision down the centre of each prawn without cutting all the way through.
- Place the prawns on a sprayed roasting pan.
- Sprinkle the parsley, salt, pepper and garlic over the prawns.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and pour the lemon juice over the prawns.
- Mix the garlic, harissa paste and butter to form a paste.
- Rub the mushrooms and tomatoes with salt, black pepper and olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Grill the baby marrows in a pan on the stove with salt, pepper and olive oil while the mushrooms and tomatoes are roasting. Remove from the heat once slightly soft.
- Plate the mushrooms upside down, place a layer of the grilled baby marrows and tomatoes on top, then add a layer of prawns and place a dollop of the garlic, harissa and butter mixture on top.
- Serve with salad leaves (optional).
- Enjoy with Nederburg Ingenuity White.
Follow Nederburg on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nederburg
Join the conversation using: #NederburgDiscover
— Nederburg Wines (@Nederburg) December 1, 2014