Mlandeli, an avid follower of the blog based in the Eastern Cape sent us his recipe for Lamb and Mushroom Kebab. He says he likes to prepare it for breakfast when he is in a good mood. Hope you get to try it out. Enjoy!
Mlandeli’s Lamb Liver & Mushroom Sosaties
Makes about 8
±400g lamb liver, cut into cubes
15ml (1Tbsp) barbecue spice
15ml (1Tbsp) sweet & sour sauce
15ml (1Tbsp) soya sauce
Bamboo skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes or longer
course salt, to taste
Tabasco sauce, to taste
- In a bowl, mix the cubed lamb liver with barbecue spice, sweet and sour sauce and soya sauce. Marinate the liver in the fridge for about 45 minutes or even longer.
- Preheat the grill.
- Thread the liver and vegetables alternately onto the skewers. Brush with olive oil.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Turn and brush with oil to prevent from burning.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt and Tabasco sauce. Serve with chutney.