Meat lovers don’t have to have all the fun on Heritage Day…..
Vegetarians can’t be left out on all the action. This Braai Pie will have meat lovers putting aside their chops just to have a piece. Enjoy! Happy Heritage Day South Africa!
45 ml butter
15 ml all-purpose flour
250 g spinach
150 g feta cheese
115 g (half a tub) cream cheese
3 ml nutmeg
Salt and black pepper
1 x 250g roll of ready-to-roll puff pastry
1. Chop and sauté the onion over a medium heat until soft.
2. Sprinkle the flour over the onions and add the spinach, allowing it to wilt. The flour should help absorb the extra liquid from the spinach.
3. Crumble in the feta and stir in the cream cheese and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
5. Add the filling onto half of the pastry, leaving the edges open.
6. Fold the pastry and press the edges together to stop any of the ingredients falling out of the sides.
7. Place the pie on a braaing grid and bake on the coals until the pastry is golden on both sides.
Recipe Source: www.eatout.co.za
Have fun and join the conversation using the hashtag: #HeritageDay
No culture is better than the other. … be proud of who you are #HeritageDay
— I.G (@RobertNdzudzeni) September 24, 2015
— C Constantinides (@ChangeAgentSA) September 24, 2015
— DJ Fresh (Big Dawg) (@DJFreshSA) September 23, 2015