South Africa’s biggest food and music extravaganza – the DStv Delicious International Food & Music Festival, presented by Nedbank – comes to the Mother City on Sunday, December 28, 2014 with fabulous food and entertainment.
The organisers of DStvDelicious – the music festival for food lovers and the food festival for music lovers – will be bringing festival patrons fresh, locally produced food while at the same time showcasing some mouth-watering new finds in food, street-chefs and delectable trends.
Whether you want to eat in acclaimed chef Garth Stroebel’s pop-up restaurant, try MasterChef SA judge Pete Goffe-Wood’s legendary pork belly sandwich or sample fare from the award-winning food truck Meisies, DStvDelicious has it all and more. There’s food inspired by cultures from around the globe to appeal to all tastes from gourmets to those who just enjoy their nosh!
The Delicious Restaurant, hosted by Garth Stroebel, offers a three-course tasting menu.For starters there’s crispy duck with plum sauce; tuna tataki with ginger and sesame; grilled chilli squid and chorizo and African flat bread served with butterbean hummus and summer basil pesto. Beef Rendang with Malay chutney is the main course while desserts comprise dark chocolate pots with cumin crackers;Turkish delight with rosewater meringue and camembert with glazed nuts and fig syrup. Halaal friendly and vegetarian options are available. It’s priced at R640 a couple and there will be three sittings; at 12h00, 15h00 and 18h00. Numbers are limited so early booking is advised through Computicket.
DStv Delicious’s gourmet street-food market vendors and pop up kitchens have been carefully selected and include:
Food booths/Mobile kitchens
- Argies–Traditional Argentinian food including Pamplona, chicken breast rolled with ham, mozzarella, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, olives, garlic and parsleywrapped with bacon on the outside and grilled on the braai.
- Boer-e-licious– The name says it all and the place where a traditional South African favourite meets gourmet cooking. You can’t miss their gourmet wors rolls!
- Coconuts for Africa–Fresh coconuts and coconut milk.
- Cupcake Richard Cake Shop –Delectable guilt-free cakes and cupcakes.
- Frères Bistro – Chef Jason Whitehead’sFrères Bistro brings Paris to the Mother City. This home-grown bistro prides itself on serving fresh produce straight from the organic garden to the plate. On the menu are pulled rabbit on sour dough withDijon crème fraiche, pickled cucumber and almond butter as well as Croque Monsieur with herbed aioli. This is Frères first pop up.
- Italian Salumi & Panini–Traditional Italian salsiccia and salami made with 80 percent organic pork. Authentic recipe with no gluten, wheat and MSG.
- Kitchen Cowboys with Pete Goffe Wood –The Cowboys will be braaing up a storm with their legendary steak and BBQ, pork belly sandwiches and lamb ribs.
- Moro Gelato –Gelatois made the same way it is in Italy, with fresh milk and cream, and sorbets from seasonal fruit.
- Piroschka’s Flammkuchen–The famous Flammkuchen, or “Flaming Cake”, is one of France and Germany’s favourite foods when having a glass of wine and champagne. It is served meal-sized and on a wooden board.
- Simply Italian– Chef Lauden Kirk and his team are famous for their crisp thin hand rolled focaccia which is topped with sun ripened tomato pomodoro, thinly sliced Parma ham, Sicilian capers and artichokes and dressed with wild rocket and Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Sweet Dreams: The Fudge Makers–The fudge is not the traditional sugar based fudge but made with a chocolate base giving it a soft creamy texture. Flavours include Amarula, Bar One, blueberry, cookies ‘n’ cream, double choc, honey and roasted almonds, lemon meringue, liquorice, pistachio, Swedish gingerbread, Turkish delight and white chocolate.
- The Blackanese –Owner Vusi Kunene will be coming down to Cape Town from Johannesburg’s Maboneng Precinct to present his African Asian experience. There’s sushi and other dishes fusing African flavour with Japanese cuisine.
- The Lamb Man–A plethora of lamb dishes including shanks, racks, burgers and salads.
- El Gringo–The authentic Mexican food comes from recipes that have been passed down for generations. The menu includes beer braised pork/chicken/beef in soft shell tacos; beer braised pork or chicken wraps with chipotle salsa; all day bacon and egg roll with chipotle mayo dressing and churros (Mexican donuts) with chocolate dipping sauce.
- Fetty’s Street Food–Fetty’s serves up traditional and fusion street food from around the world. Owner Fet has travelled extensively learning the culinary secrets of each country he’s been to.
- Meisies Kitchen– This award-winning food truck will be serving Portuguese Prego’s served with rocket, caramelised onions and a garlic/chilli-based Prego sauce as well as free range Cajun chicken burgers with fresh tomato, rocket and a lime garlic mayo and Camembert, streaky BBQ bacon, avocado, rocket and sweet chilli sauce on a lightly toasted panini.
- Nob – No Ordinary Burger– “One of the best burgers in Cape Town,” the NOB Café in Woodstock is where the NOB burger was first created. These world-class, super-sized burgers are a gastronomic delight!
- Pizza Piaggio–Handmade and authentic Neapolitan pizza baked in a wood-fired oven from the back of a three-wheeled Piaggio tuk-tuk.
‘Speaking on behalf of Nedbank, Sydney Mbhele, Divisional Executive of Group Marketing says, ‘DStv Delicious has become an awesome platform for people to connect in a festive and entertaining setting. The festival has enjoyed much love from Joburgers since its debut and we are very excited to be taking this experience to Cape Town to share it with revellers who will descend to the Mother City this festive season with family and friends. Our involvement embodies the bank’s ethos of ‘Make Things Happen’, it supports our contribution to the development of the arts – and promotes tourism in South Africa.’
Maybe you mean: 'home-9' or 'news-gallery-post-based3' or 'twitter-feed5' or 'facebook-feed7' or 'instagram-gallery'
DStv Delicious International Food & Music Festival promises a feast of food to tantalise the taste buds as well as world-class entertainment from a line-up that includes UK acid jazz and funk pioneers Brand New Heavies and British club favourites Soul II Soul.
Hamilton’s Rugby Club and surrounding common fields in Greenpoint offer the perfect setting for this flavoursome banquet of great food and music.
Admission and Bookings:
General admission for the DStv Delicious Festival is R450. Delicious Lounge pass tickets are R850 and includestented lounge, VIP parking, VIP entrance, Premium Cash Bar & Cocktails as well as VIP bathrooms. Visit www.computicket.com or phone 0861 915 8000 to book.
The DStv Delicious International Food & Music Festival, presented by Nedbank is held in proud association with Whirlpool,Mitsubishi Motors, Nescafé Dolce Gusto and Heart FM.
One reader stands a chance to win 1 double set of tickets (valued at R900). All you need to do it “like” and “share” this post on facebook. OR retweet on twitter. Competition closes on Monday 8th December 2014 at 17:00. Only enter if you are 100% sure you’ll be in Cape Town on the day of the festival. Good Luck!
For more info, visit:
— Delicious Festival (@DeliciousFestSA) November 27, 2014
Join the conversation using the hashtags: