Looking for a wine for Phuza Thirstday? Here’s something better, a wine you can use to prepare a delectable recipe then drink up the rest. Sounds good to me…..
Two Oceans Wines has added a much anticipated addition to its popular range of wines with its 2014 Shiraz…..
The wine is delicious with a vibrant, complex bouquet of red berries, cloves, spice, hints of white pepper and subtle vanilla. It’s the perfect match with steak, Moroccan lamb, seared tuna and a bean and lentil stew.
At only R38 per bottle, the Two Oceans Shiraz is the perfect wine to enjoy with your favourite people during blissful moments of unwind.
Two Oceans Wines understands how crazy life can be and therefore they have teamed up with the fabulous food blogger, cooking show host and cookbook author, Sarah Graham in preparing delicious yet simple snacking solutions for effortless and elegant entertaining.
Try this decadent spiced guava and glühwein ice cream recipe inspired by the new Two Oceans Shiraz. It only takes 10 minutes to make, which means more time to spend catching-up with your friends! Enjoy!
Maybe you mean: 'home-9' or 'news-gallery-post-based3' or 'twitter-feed5' or 'facebook-feed7' or 'instagram-gallery'
Spiced Guava and Glühwein Ice Cream
Serves 6-8 | Preparation time, 10 minutes | Unattended setting time, 3-4 hours
Created by Sarah Graham
2 cups Two Oceans Shiraz
2 cinnamon sticks
6 cardamom pods
1 tsp vanilla paste or 1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways
2 star anise
2 tins guavas, in syrup
1 cup (250ml) whipping cream
1 tin condensed milk
- To a medium-sized pot over medium heat add the red wine, spices and guavas (with the syrup) and leave to simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the wine reduces and acquires a syrupy texture.
- Remove from the heat, pick out the spices and discard, and mash the guavas roughly with a fork or wooden spoon.
- Remove two to three tablespoons of the purée and set aside for serving.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until very light and fluffy, drizzle in the condensed milk and fold gently to combine. Also fold in the guava purée and glühwein syrup.
- Place in a loaf tin lined with baking paper, or a freezer-proof container, and freeze for three to four hours or until set.